Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Martha Stewart's American Made Awards


I just got some amazing news! I'm a FINALIST in the Martha Stewart American Made Awards! From the website, "American Made spotlights the maker, supports the local, and celebrates the handmade." Maker? Check! Local? Check! Handmade? Check! Yes I love all three of these things and I'm so loving Martha for celebrating them. 


Here's a little confession. In order to even be up for this award, you have to nominate yourself. I felt weird doing that. I had to come to terms with describing myself in the third person, answering lots of questions about why I do what I do and how I'm celebrating the maker within. Is that weird? I guess it all boils down to that weird thing about talking about yourself and tooting your own horn! Why is it so hard for us to do that? Well, I thought it was worth it and went ahead and filled out the form and sent in my nomination. Lo and behold, a few days ago I got an email that I had been selected as a Finalist! 
Out of all the Nominees, Finalists are chosen from several categories (Crafts, Design, Food, Style) and from the Finalists, Award Winners are chosen. 






So now I'm up for voting. You can vote up to 6 times a day from now until October 13, 2014. After that it is out of our hands and into the judges.



Do you feel I'm worthy? Do you think I represent the qualities of an American Maker? I'd love your vote! Click on the images above and cast your vote 6 times a day until the deadline. Share this on Facebook! Tweet it! Email your entire address book! (OK maybe not...)
Me and Martha go way back you know, and I'd love to get back in touch...


Here's when I gave her her very own mini-Martha!


10 comments:

  1. That is amazing news! I just saw it on Ravelry's FB post about Ron's post in Ravelry. Having BWC and CraftyisCool recognized is wonderful. I'm definitely adding you to my ballot. (moldavitesofa on Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I just saw that post too! Thanks so much Pearl :-)

      Delete
  2. Any way your themes are nice one. Good topic. From your post I could understand that you have well idea. You have to try to add more creativeness in your post. It will soon attract any reader. There are some different types of writing technique such as style, design, format.If you include all these styles you can make your blog more attractively

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and useful information. Thanks a lot for sharing. You know, i feel like sometimes students really need help with their college papers. Personally, i prefer to get help at homework help for college service. Fast quality writing for affordable price? Sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enchanting article! Grateful to you for sharing them! I trust you will keep having unclear shows on share with everybody! I acknowledge diverse individuals will be confused to look at this article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us! Jogo para criança online
    play Games friv
    free online friv Games

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I would like to thank you for sharing this interesting information. The material provided here will be useful for a lot of people. I would like to share with you all as well one useful source https://writessay.org/excel-homework-help.php which will be helpful for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Desi TV Serials, We exhibit desi serial channels broadcast Online. Home of Hindi Serial, Willing to see you favorite Desi TV shows, Dramas, Colors TV, Sony TV, Star Plus, Zee TV full Dramas Episodes Online, Watch Today Desi TV Dramas Live In High Quality Video Print
    Today Live Episode

    ReplyDelete
  8. hanks to my father who informed me on the topic of this webpage, this webpage is genuinely amazing. 먹튀신고

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...